A wedding day is the most special and happiest day in a person’s life. Since it has to be a day you’ll always cherish, planning a wedding takes time and effort. Whether it is the wedding dress, wedding decorations, wedding flowers, food, etc., wedding budget planning is necessary so that everything comes within your budget and the wedding does not cost a fortune. Wedding flowers bring color, aroma, and a splendid look to a wedding. They make the table settings more beautiful and transform a formerly dull space into an attractive, ravishing place. These days a typical wedding flower budget or an average wedding flower budget ranges somewhere between $1000 to $8000 and so the brides are opting for unique and creative ways to spend money wisely, and make their wedding enjoyable but not expensive. On average, it is estimated that you should spend nearly 8 to 10 % of your overall wedding budget on flowers, which cover the bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and reception decor.
Steps to Plan a Flower Budget For a Wedding
Before finalizing flowers, you should decide on the colors of the wedding attire so that the flowers you choose will compliment the attire of the wedding ceremony. Factors like the availability of seasonal flowers, quantity, size, and style of the arrangements, and the location of the ceremony and reception all influence your wedding flower budget.
Therefore, the following are some simple wedding flower arrangement ideas that will help you to save the amount of money spent on the wedding flowers:
- Minimize the number of guests in your wedding party so that your florist will have to create fewer bouquets. Fewer guests means fewer tables at the party, hence fewer floral centerpieces.
- Always go for seasonal wedding flowers as they are easily available and less expensive, like carnations or snowball mums. You can also choose less complicated and inexpensive flowers like Lily of the Valley, Calla Lily, Orchids, Magnolias, Peonies, Gardenias and Hydrangeas.
- Planning the wedding near Christmas or Easter will help you minimize flower decoration expenses as the church will be pre-decorated. But if you are planning the wedding outdoors or not at a church, check out if any other brides have booked for the same day. If so, the two of you can coordinate the wedding flowers, share the cost, and save a lot of money.
- You can also ask your party rental suppliers to rent you large potted plants like tropical palms or ficus, which look nice, fill a lot of space, and help decorate the ceremony site and reception area. Renting a potted plant is far cheaper than purchasing large flower arrangements.
- The florist can make simple, inexpensive and beautiful centerpieces by keeping the pillar candles over the rose petals, surrounding the pillar candles with the rose petals, or using wide shallow bowls filled with water and floating gerber daisy blooms.
- Brides can arrange their own flowers like they can have a large cascading bouquet with various types of flowers having different shapes and sizes, or can have a simple but elegant wedding flower bouquet having a single type of flower like white or red roses, or an armful of large lilies tied with a simple ribbon.
Hence, always give a true picture of your wedding flowers budget to your florist, so that he can come up with different ways to cut down the wedding flower expenses without hampering the wedding’s elegance and beauty. I am sure the above ideas will help you plan a clow-budget wedding which will save an enormous amount of money and make your wedding the most memorable.