1. Think of cheap wedding invitations! There’s no need to spend a fortune on the invites. Print or make your own, postcards, or think out of the box and do a digital or video invitation. And, put good use to your wedding website with all the wedding details!
2. Have a unique wedding theme – think picnic wedding, luau, movie theater wedding, roller derby wedding, etc. A unique wedding theme may give you ideas for a unique wedding location, food, etc. which may also be cheaper.
3. Spend less on your dress! There’s a big difference between $5000 dollars and $1000 dollars. The key is a cheap but stunning wedding dress!
4. Do a lottery (with a worthwhile prize) and have friends and family help chip in for your wedding – $10 per ticket does add up!
5. Instead of favors, ask for money to help furnish your home, or to take your once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon!
6. Instead of bouquets use a single flower for the bride and the bridesmaids. It’s much cheaper than a floral arrangement!
7. Don’t want to spend a fortune on a cake? How about a dessert table instead? Have friends and family help you bake!
8. Can’t afford a photographer or videographer? Have friends and family take photos and videos!
9. Think differently about the catering – BBQ, finger foods, pizza, grilled cheese, dessert reception, cocktail reception, etc.
10. Supply your own alcohol – if you’re not locked into a bar package, you can get deals on the drinks by supplying them yourselves!